Survey design for the USMCA
Atradius conducts annual reviews of international corporate payment practices through a survey called the ‘Atradius Payment Practices Barometer’. In this report focusing on the USMCA, which is part of the 2021 edition of the Atradius Payment Practices Barometer, companies from Canada, Mexico and the US have been surveyed.
Due to a change in research methodology for this survey, some year-on-year comparisons are not feasible for some of the results. Using a questionnaire, CSA Research conducted 600 interviews in total. All interviews were conducted exclusively for Atradius
- Basic population: companies from Canada, Mexico and the US were surveyed. The appropriate contacts for accounts receivable management were interviewed.
- Sample design: the Strategic Sampling Plan enables to perform an analysis of country data crossed by sector and company size. It also allows to compare data referring to a specific sector crossed by each of the economies surveyed.
- Selection process: companies were selected and contacted by use of an international internet panel. A screening for the appropriate contact and for quota control was conducted at the beginning of the interview.
- Sample: N=600 people were interviewed in total (n=200 people per country). In each country a quota was maintained according to four classes of company size.
- Interview: Computer Assisted Web Interviews (CAWI) of approximately 15 minutes duration. Interview period: Q2 2021.
Sample overview – Total interviews = 600
It may occur that the results are a percent more or less than 100%. This is the consequence of rounding off the results. Rather than adjusting the outcome so that it totalled 100%, we have chosen to leave the individual results as they were to allow for the most accurate representation possible.