Survey design for Eastern Europe
Atradius conducts annual reviews of international corporate payment practices through a survey called the ‘Atradius Payment Practices Barometer’. In this report focusing on Eastern Europe, which is part of the 2020 edition of the Atradius Payment Practices Barometer, companies from seven countries (Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Turkey) have been surveyed.
Due to a change in research methodology for this survey, year-on-year comparisons are not feasible for some of the results, although last year’s values are used as a benchmark where possible throughout the survey.
Using a questionnaire, CSA Research conducted 1,403 interviews. All interviews were conducted exclusively for Atradius.
- Basic population: companies from seven economies (Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovakia and Turkey) were surveyed. The appropriate contacts for accounts receivable management were interviewed.
- Sample design: the Strategic Sampling Plan enables to perform an analysis of country data crossed by sector and company size. It also allows to compare data referring to a specific sector crossed by each of the economies surveyed.
- Selection process: companies were selected and contacted by use of an international internet panel. A screening for the appropriate contact and for quota control was conducted at the beginning of the interview.
- Sample: N=1,403 people were interviewed in total (approximately n=200 people per country). In each country a quota was maintained according to four classes of company size.
- Interview: Computer Assisted Web Interviews (CAWI) of approximately 15 minutes duration. Interview period: Q3 2020.